Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Amit's Wedding Reception

Yet again I found myself smiling and enjoying my friend's wedding reception. The bakara this time was Amit Surange my longterm flatmate in Chennai who was celebrating the ceremony of change in marital status, and what all I did to make my self available for this function.

It was Friday morning when I was chatting with Rohan Nair, another mate from MBA about the plan for Surange's wedding reception. We just decided in couple of minutes that we are going to make it. Booked tickets with the snap of fingers. Rohan to start Saturday morning on a direct train to Bhopal from Chennai, and I was to start on Friday night itself on bus to Nagpur and then the train to Bhopal. Second thought struck my mind why can't I accomodate Indore even I have 24 Hrs to spare after reaching Bhopal and Indore is just 4 Hrs from Bhopal.

Calculated said - Travel (4+4 = 8 hrs) + Sleep and Relax (8 Hrs) = 16 Hrs, and I have 8 more hrs to spend and that's enough for the purpose of visit.

I reached Bhopal on Saturday nevening 5 pm and took a shared cab to Indore. Reached Indore by 9 Pm and checked into a hotel in Chawni, met the person I wanted to meet fro half an hr near to Sapna Sangeeta and took a walk back to my hotel as I was walking on that road after almost 10 years. Indore has changed, it look very different now with new infrastructure. Sanpa Sangeet which used to be a movie hall is now a mulitple and INOX has taken over. Srileela the food joint where I used to go and have daal-chawal mix is much bigger and has now 2 floors. I again had daal chawal mix and now it cost Rs. 35.

I reached hotel back by 12 in the midnite, and had to sleep as got to get up early for another meeting. Since I had to catch the noon cab to go back to Bhopal I can't delay my schedule otherwise the purpose of Bhopal visit can't be fulfilled. Things happened as planned and was able to reach Bhopal by 5 Pm in the hotel where Rohan was staying. Spend good time with Rohan after a long long time.

Evening was the function time and I took out my SLR to take couple of snaps of the lately wedded couple but it dint take much time for me to realize that people started assuming me a photographer. I ended up clicking some snaps of other people also for their smile. :)

Hardly got much time to speak to Amit but I was feeling happy to be there as I promised Amit that I will make for his wedding. I wasn't but I managed to come for reception. I can see smile of Amit's face and that was enough for me.

We had our train at 3:30 Am on Monday morning and both the trains were late by 1 Hrs. I finally hopped on the train at around 4:30 and dozzed off with lots of ZZZs !!!

No comments: