Saturday, March 19, 2011

Learning from last night drive

To beat the commuting problem due to Holika Dahan on 19th night, I reached Raipur on 18th evening. The car came to pick me up from Ambikapur and also to pick up my sister. Since the driver was driving from 11 am and tired, I took the car and drove it in the night till Bilapsur. This was the first time I was driving on an unknown road.

The traffic was too much, road was full with trucks. Though it was a National Highway but I still see nothing great like NH what I have see in Tamilnadu and Andhra Pradesh. I was driving casualy, and all of a sudden a truck came infront, I took a sharp left turn and thought I will move the car off the road, unfortunely the side of the road was having rough end with some ditches, and the car bumped on them heavily giving good jerk to everyone sitting in the car, causing surely more than a couple of grands loss. Fortunetly nothing bad has happened to the people sitting inside, and no heavy loss to the car resulting any problem in driving.

Learned that in any unknown road it's better to be safe then sorry. If you dnt know the road travel safe with less speed. After that bump I drove for 100 kms without any problem. I will certainely be more careful while driving on unknown roads in going forward.

No comments: