Monday, July 11, 2011

Day one in Manpur - eating !!!

This post is going to sit in my outbox for sometime before posted on the blog, Reason: no network coverage of vodafone here in my village and 'Idea' is not accepting the roaming connection.

Post date and time: Jul 10, 2011 - 9 pm.
Surrounding: dark without power, crickets cricking around, lizard running on the wall, bonefire right infont of me, mom and sis chatting in the kitchen while making dinner, papa and bro discussing something at porche area with some village people, granny sitting next to me silently and I am writing this blog without any distraction as everyone is busy with their stuffs.

I reached Bilaspur this morning at 2:30 am, and picked up by papa on our so called SUV ;) Bolero... It's been long since I have travelled on Bolero but it's very comfortable and absorbs the jerk in the road. So, pretty much good for CG road which are turning really pathetic after the increased truck traffic. We didn't go to Ambikapur but reached Manpur directly as everyone was here and from morning I spent most of my time doing nothing but sleeping. Got up late in the evening. Lunch was awesome in the afternoon, my favourite CG rice and daal with Mango vegatable, banana vegetable and pudina deep fried (it's ok at times to have deep fried stuff). Evening started with snacks and makai i.e bhutta etc. And now will be having Chicken in the dinner. Will certainely have to leave for Ambikapur as I get famished very soon in Manpur as the house is surrounded with mango trees which are good source of oxygen and we use very clean water from the tubewell. I don't eat here but hog and devour all the time, and end up gaining good weight and complexion. Mango is something that is readily available as I can just go and pluck it anytime from the trees.

I am again feeling hungry and have to go and check if the dinner is ready or not !!!

No comments: